Friday, April 21, 2006

Guest Blog: Walter Timley

Allow me to introduce myself. My name’s Walter Timley I’m a guest blogger for Don, and I’ll be writing to you while he’s away, sharing my insights and perspectives on the news.

I won’t be working alone. I’ve brought a cast of characters with me.

I’ve got my cousin Timmy along for the ride. He’s considered an expert on foreign affairs and national news, but he can be a bit naïve at times.

My Aunt Erma helps me a bit, too. She’s a plainspoken woman who enjoys pointing out the obvious when the rest of us would like to ignore what’s staring us in the face.

I’ve got some other folks with me as well. You’ll get to know them. You might even like one of ‘em.

As for me, I have traveled quite a bit. Along the way, I’ve met quite a large group of people and seen some strange things.

Some of the people I’ve encountered have enjoyed my view of the world, and so I thought maybe I’d look into sharing it with a wider audience.

Of course, when it comes to the business of sharing opinions, we’re all likely to bruise a few egos, and Heaven knows I’ve raised some eyebrows over the years. Even been called a few names!

One nice gentleman once told me the only opinion I respected was my own. Another fellow called me a wise guy. One woman I had a particularly hard time with stooped so low as to call me a Democrat.

I’ve seen fit to forgive each of these individuals, and I hope they’ve done the same for me.

At any rate, I best be looking into the news. Don will be back soon and I need to get busy on my first blog. I hope you enjoy my work, but if you don’t…please….no name-calling. And please…remember that I love America.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home